Travel Diaries- What I learned from Mumbai

Travel logs-MUMBAI


The most awaited trip to the city of dreams was going to start. The scorching heat of Alibagh almost sweated us. But our enthusiasm never dulled. I was with my parents and cousins. We were supposed to go to Mandawa beach where our cruise was waiting. As it was daytime the shops around the beach were all closed. We walked our way to the Arabian sea where our cruise was standing. I was petrified to climb its stairs. I thought my leg would sink the boat from one side. Yes, that was lame. ‌We were on the cruise on our way to Mumbai. I was so enthralled by the beauty of the Arabian sea that the hot humid air didn't matter to me.

I was trying to capture everything. But I realized that it is important to spend time admiring this moment. As we were near to the city. We could see a small outline of the Gateway and Taj. As we went more near to it. The monuments were becoming clear and big. After we finally reached our place. I was dumbstruck.

I stood right in front of the great gateway with thousands of people around me. On the other side, I saw Taj hotel what a marvelous piece of architecture it was. With pigeons flying around it. Looking around I found so many people around me.

We made our way to Starbucks to see what there was to boast about. We ordered a hazelnut coffee. I found it tasteless. Then I had put 3 packets of extra sugar.But still, I didn't like it. Maybe It's just a middle-class thing. We shared one coffee among four of us. We walked around Colaba causeway Such a captivating Street it is for women. But in finding the best and the cheapest. I didn't buy anything. We didn't have much time. Just walking in the streets of Mumbai was so mesmerizing you see all kinds of people. From maids drivers to the high-class people. But the best thing about it is. You find an equality among classes religions and sex. From the luxury life to the life in slums. ‌As it is said Mumbai is the most developed city in India. You can just randomly move around the streets see new people Thinking about what each one of them has in their life.

What are they happy about? What are they worried about? Where are they from? What are their goals? This made me realize that this world which we live in is really big. We only think about ourselves our pain and agony, but we need to realize that there are people whose sufferings are worst than us. So we should be grateful for having this wonderful life. But sometimes we become proud of our success and stop working hard. That time we should remember that somewhere someone is working harder than us. Our competition is with the world. Traveling lets you learn the things about people, their culture and refreshes your mind with new positive thoughts. And encourages you to dream and be thankful a little more.
PC the first two pictures are from google whereas the rest of them are clicked by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intuition and Business

Everyone makes many mistakes in business. But one does not have to beat himself up about them, in fact he has to be greatful to have made th...