My personal saga of Internship via Internshala:

My personal saga of Internship via Internshala:


With the advent of work culture amongst students, every lad and girl was looking for an opportunity around him or her to enter the zone of professional expertise or to simply increase the strength of their resume by attaching ample of internships and trainings to their portfolio . Well, I was the guy of this curious generation and watching everyone combating for jobs and work, I too decided that internship might be a good toss of coin for me when it comes to my career and stuff. However the college placement cell was too lazy to work for freshers and my folks took me unqualified for a good training or job. So I started hovering on the web when I came across internshala. The website was interactive, graphics appealing, what else a rookie wants. I created my profile, and I was impressed by the built in CV feature. At least I had  CV for myself, thanks to internshala. Then came the search for internships. You could select your desired city of work, virtual working platform and the work areas you want to explore. It was not so hard to fill up the details and it actually helped filtering  suitable jobs for me. I was more of a writer so I went in for content writing and research openings. Applied to some of them,  where I was asked a couple of questions when it came to the internship application. Responses were quick, and my mail was booming with offers of internships. Acting modestly, I went in for a market research internship at coequal which is a Social Development enterprise to uplift Indian Artisans. They called me up for an interview. I was nervous as I had never went through all this detailing . However my mentor was a nice cheerful lady who comforted me and dealt all the interviewees with great hospitality. I was not whether I got to be selected or not however this boosted up my self esteem and confidence.
The next day I got a confirmation mail about the internship.
 Finally they had selected me for the job. My confidence at the time of interview, the communication skills and clarity of work commitment were some of the points I think helped me clear the selection. An offer letter was provided as promised by the company justifying creditworthiness of internshala.  The internship was for a duration of 1 month where I was asked to conduct surveys about artisan lives, devise methods for crowdfunding , go for field research and develop content and projects. The work toll was not so heavy however all this gave me an insight into fields I had never been through. New concepts, professional ambience and team work skills were introduced to me. My mentor guided me through all hurdles. . We had a WhatsApp group and email coordination system, so any queries or problems were briefed up as soon as possible. The work was time bound so my punctuality and time effectiveness was tested efficiently. The team used to work together both at home and office, which helped us build a good social bond. We used to hangout too, whenever there was some leisure time available. We shared our stories, helped each other develop skills one was unaware of. And after a month we were provided with our stipends. Though the sum was not so large however it was my first income which made me and my family feel heavens with pride. At last, I was given a certificate of completion as guaranteed and blossomed with joy for investing my time in such a wonderful experience. So I would suggest the young people aiming for some worm commitments and experiences should for sure give a try to Internshala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intuition and Business

Everyone makes many mistakes in business. But one does not have to beat himself up about them, in fact he has to be greatful to have made th...