Listen to your inner voice

The night is really quiet, as I am penning this article down. My mind travels through the entire day. Did I do anything worth remembering throughout my life, today? yes, I did. I found a ten or eleven-year-old kid with down syndrome on the road, I could figure that out from his face. his eyes were really blood shot red. All I could do was to give a twenty rupee note to his mother. I don’t know if he can eat at least a loaf of bread with that money. I can hear the tinkling of anklets and footsteps tending towards my door. It’s my mother, she wants me to sleep, as it is already midnight.
I return to my thoughts. An epiphany dawns on me that every moment of Life is important and I am making decisions every second of my life. The choices I made, has made all the difference.
The silence of the night is broken by the sound of an ambulance. It’s terrifying to hear the siren. My mind lingers about the purpose of my life. Have I found my passion, my calling? Have I found the one thing that is dear to me more than myself? I don’t know.
Flipping through the pages of today’s newspaper, I look for a topic to write about for my content writing internship.
I think about Grit, Bhagat Singh, Swami Vivekananda, South Indian thali, caste system etcetera. I know realise that illuminating the minds of readers about thinking right thoughts. But, what is right and what is wrong? Do we have something that is universally considered right?
I learnt that, if there is something of that sort, it is love.
But, now the next question pops up in my mind, what is love?
Lord Krishna, speaks in Gita about the difference between love and passion. I certainly don’t understand anything. It is indeed beyond my comprehension. I can hear my mother coming again to tell me to sleep. All that I would like to say to the reader, whom I must have utterly confused till now is that, close your eyes, look within and notice what is happening inside and then ask yourself, what it is that makes you happy? Doing what would give you everlasting happiness and joy, as a calling?
Just be gritty about it like Bhagat Singh and Swami Vivekananda to see the best of you flourish like a bamboo tree.
Just see, how your life starts unfolding. Think about it, at a deeper level. Don’t think because these words ask you to, but think for yourself and your progress.
Think and do the right thing for yourself, because this life is really too short to spend time in small thoughts and talks. Remember what we have learnt in School, “Do your best and God will do the rest".
 Remember that you were meant to be a history maker, not someone average.
Listen to your heart, the purest voice within you, only that can lead you and guide you towards your destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intuition and Business

Everyone makes many mistakes in business. But one does not have to beat himself up about them, in fact he has to be greatful to have made th...